12th National Convention on ‘Making Global Goals Local Business’
United Nations Global Compact Network India (UN GCNI) organized its 12th National Convention on 28th April, 2017 at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi on the theme of ‘Making Global Goals Local Business’.
This year the theme revolves around the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and mechanisms through which the corporate sector can contribute towards the achievement of these ambitious goals. It is one of the largest dedicated events on SDGs since UN’s announcement of the goals in New York in September 2015.
Key Highlights of the Event:
- 350+ Delegates from all over the World.
- 45+ Global thought leaders in powerful, thought-provoking sessions
- #GCNI Convention 2017 was trending on twitter with 2144 tweets, generating more than 1 crore impressions. Our content was highly supported by the bloggers and Influencers. Twitter trending for almost 4 hrs at position5th.
- Launch of Accenture – UN GCNI theme paper on Making Global Goals Local Business
- Launch of White Paper on Public Procurement Policy
- Exclusive Panel on CEO’s. The Panel was Moderated by Dr. Bhaskar Chatterjee, Senior Director, IILM and the panelists included Mr. Anil Chaudhry, Country President & MD, Schneider Electric India; Dr. Raman Ramachandran, Chairman & Managing Director, BASF India Ltd. and Head, BASF, South Asia; Dr. A K Balyan, CEO – Reliance (Oil and Gas) and Mr. Lalit K Gupta, CEO & MD, Essar Oil Ltd.
- Three Concurrent Session on SDGs were held that included:
1) Food Security and Poverty Alleviation
2) Clean Water, Sanitation and Clean Energy
3) Sustainable Energy for All – Role of Gas
- SDGs Best Practices were held and 47 Case Studies from over 35 organisations received in Best Practices Awards,2017.