Job title: Deputy Director -Asia-Pacific Resource Centre on Responsible Business Practices (APRC)
Location: New Delhi
Job status: Full time
Last date of application: March 16, 2018
About UN Global Compact Network India: UN Global Compact Network India (UN GCNI), the Indian arm of UNGC and a global platform for businesses, civil organizations and public sectors, aids in aligning stakeholders’ practices towards the Ten Universally accepted principles of UNGC in the areas of Human Rights, Labour, Environment and Anti – Corruption. India launched Global Compact in the year 2000, with an aim to conjoin private sector activities with the civil society initiatives. Global Compact Network India is one of the oldest networks amongst its 103 counterparts in the world, became a legal entity in 2003. India Network continues to be number one in Asia Oceania region besides now being among top 10 Networks of UNGC in the world. For more details, please visit www.globalcompact.in.APRC will be one of the key centre for achieving targets of Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs)
Profile:This position requires the individual to proactively lead in shaping and sustaining the Centre as a special knowledge hub around Sustainability, CSR, UNGC Principles and SDGs from the Asia Pacific region to provide programmatic support to key stakeholders through diligence, advisory, training and knowledge support. Accordingly, the person should be a go-getter who will tirelessly drive the taking off of the Centre and will then work to establish and expand its activities both in number of initiatives and geographies.
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience in independently initiating and managing multiplicity of activities/projects requiring achieving targets on set deadlines, interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders, creating and nurturing partnerships and alliances, leveraging technology to cater to the demands of end users, and working towards excellence in all aspects of running the Centre as an independent Cost/Profit unit.
Major KRAs will include:
• Rolling out of the Centre in India with specialized services including
a. Sustainability reporting and related advisory services,
b. CSR policy support on implementation and compliance
c. Training and Development initiatives
d. Evidence based research/surveys/data/tailor made reports
e. Support Academic Institutions in embedding CSR and Sustainability in their curriculum and help them set up departments as needed
f. Building collaborations and partnership with key stakeholders
• Identifying partners and collaborators and signing of MoUs
• Creating a virtual platform to be housed within GCNI
• Building alliances with some of the prestigious overseas universities
• Collating existing knowledge generated at seminars, conferences, dialogues and workshops, research studies, surveys, policy briefs, outcome documents, etc. for pilot and scale.
• Conducting surveys, research studies, policy briefs
• Expansion of the Centre to South Asian Countries
• Undertaking regional research projects including surveys, good practices, handbooks, tools, etc. with UNGC, global firms and advisory service think tanks
• Undertaking specialized public policy support and training initiatives both for the members and non- members in the region.
• Launching the Summer Schools on key issues of relevance to business
• Tie-up with specialized regional academic and practice Institutions for expanded outreach and support to local organizations within the region
• Developing an online education platform for practitioners from business and non business sectors
• Seeking feedback from Strategic Advisory Group and users of the Centre to continuously upgrade, value add and expand both its scales and services.
Minimum requirements:Post graduate in social science /management studies with bright academic record from a reputed institution with experience of 15-20 years in areas of CSR /Sustainability in corporate, foundations, industry associations, professional NGOs, research agencies with a proven track record of project development, research abilities, coordination, networking and implementation. Candidate with superior language and writing skills will be preferred. Outstandingly bright fresh post-graduates with right attitude can also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their resume along with 2 references and a cover letter specifying suitability for position to email@example.com by March 16, 2018. Please mention the Job Title being applied for in the subject of the mail. Those who had applied earlier against the advertisement are advised not to apply again.
Salary range: 20-25 lacs per annum.
Candidate should be a team player and well versed with latest computer applications.
GCN, India is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of caste, religion, race, disability and HIV status. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.