UN GCNI has aligned its mandate for good governance of UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and responsible business practices. The course of action and the flagship activities are guided by its mandate on integrity and transparency, broadly covered under:
1. Corporate Governance:
- Ensure Ethical approach and Transparency in stakeholder governance, especially corporates and MSMEs.
- Develop a Business Case for Good Governance and Anti-corruption.
- Promote transparency in Procurement procedures, Value Chain Transparency and Sustainability, and adherence to national and international compliance policies and norms.
2. Urban Governance:
- Integrate Transparency and accountability in public establishments, especially urban governance institutions.
- Spur adaptation of Framework for Smart Cities/Cities Governance.
- Advocate the need for Risk Assessment and PPP (Public Private Partnership) for Smart Cities.
3. Health Governance:
- Conduct research, design strategy, develop a framework/case studies /compendium, and dissemination of best practices for awareness generation and promoting responsible practices in the healthcare sector.
- Strengthen transparency and value-based care in the healthcare ecosystem in India and drive community action to overcome institutional failures.
- Initiate networking and support policy advocacy with potential stakeholders through a structured and engaged Working Group.
4. Environmental Governance:
- Promote Conservation, Preservation, and Rehabilitation of the environment along with Urban Pollution Control.
- Raise awareness about Biodiversity Conservation and Climate Change and the need for proactive alliances.
- Plan and organize roundtables, events, etc. on green corruption with active engagement of likeminded organizations.