Sustainable Future Workshop – 5 October, 2023
UN GCNI recently held an incredible workshop on “Sustainable Future” in partnership with Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL), the operator of Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru (BLR Airport).BIAL is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact principles and implementing actions in the areas of Human Rights, Labour, Environment and anti-corruption.
- We had an enlightening discussion with esteemed UNGC members, industry leaders, and sustainability enthusiasts about the urgent need for sustainable practices and the power of collaboration.
- Team BIAL showcased their sustainable practices across all the important areas of ESG.
- The “Sustainable Future” theme highlighted key areas such as eco-friendly technologies, Green Landscape, Green Buildings, Renewable energy, waste management and more!
- Following the workshop, we had the unique opportunity to visit BLR Airport’s Terminal 2. This eco-friendly marvel showcases sustainable design and operations, setting the bar high for airports worldwide.
- We explored the green features of Terminal 2 from its energy-efficient systems to its impressive waste management practices. Our visit to L Terminal 2 was truly inspiring and we’re committed to bringing these sustainable practices into our own lives and organizations!
- BIAL also had showcased their sustainable practices across the BLR Airport campus through site visits to the nursery & rainwater harvesting ponds.